Inventory reveals a discrepancy between the actual and accounting quantity of products.
- Go to Products → Inventories
- Click the +Create button
- Select the company and its department where the Inventory will be carried out.
- Click the Create button to create the Inventory.
Add products that need to be inventoried to the created Inventory. If there are a lot of products, it is better to divide them into several documents: for example, by type of products.
Ways to add positions:
- Using the search bar
At the same time, in the search block, you can immediately set the actual quantity of the found product, and its price. Then click To the list button to add a product to the list of selected products.
- By selecting multiple products
Click the Products button, and in the dialog select the products you need, then click the Select button at the top of this dialog. Selected products will be added to the inventory table.
- By selecting the category of products
Click the Categories button, and in the dialog select one or more categories, then click the Select button at the top of this dialog. All products from selected categories will be added to the inventory table.
If you used method 2 or 3, after adding of products to the table set prices
The columns of products table are:
- Name - the name of the product. If you click on the name of the product, the window with its document will open.
- Estimated in-stock balance - an accounted quantity of the product
- Actual in-stock balance - an actual (counted in this Inventory) quantity of the product
- Price - the price of the product
- Differernce - displays the difference between values in columns Actual in-stock balance and Estimated in-stock balance. If the difference is negative then there is a shortage of the product. If it is positive - the surplus.
- Excess/Shortage - The difference expressed in money.
Setting the real quantity
Set the real quantity in the column Actual in-stock balance.
The Difference column displays the difference between values in columns Actual in-stock balance and Estimated in-stock balance. If the difference is negative then there is a shortage of the product. If it is positive - the surplus.
The difference expressed in money displays in Excess/Shortage column.
The Inventory, even if it is completed, is not affect to the accounting quantity of products. To change the accounting quantity as a result of its carrying out you need to create Posting and/or Writeoff document.
To create Posting or Write-off document from Inventory click Create documents button and then on Posting or Write-off. Created document will be accessible in the Related tab on the Related documents diagram.
Only when Posting or Write-off documents are completed, the accounting quantity of products in the Inventory documents will be changed.